After producing this site in Hugo and fundamentally really happy with the new process that I built for myself. The let down was my hosting company and it seems to be unable to provide me with a consistent way to connect to FTP which I had thought I’d fixed here.
Since using Hugo, I’ve been trying to work out what to do for the best way to sort out my search engine optimisation now that I am happy with the platform that I am using. When I realised that my tags and categories are being indexed by Google and causing in some cases stopping the actual articles from being indexed because the algorithm is thinking the pages are duplicates.
This is how I created a widget for my sidebar using Hugo and Markdown when I need to use HTML. I do have HTML knowledge but it has been a while since I wrote in HTML so decided to use my new found understand of Markdown instead because it makes it that little easier.
Since switching to Hugo for my site generation bringing less demand on my provider it has shown some weaknesses on my shared hosting plan.
It’s coming up to a month now in the development of my Hugo site in I feel its time to consider my workflow or whether it improved my productivity and my experience for my site.
While De-Cooking this blog and redesigning it in Hugo looking at to tutorial videos and other content on YouTube about markdown this is the time that I am glad for cookies and tracking.
Going cookieless has been harder than you think.
It’s a new year and new beginnings. Over 2019 I let everything get on top of me again and ended up letting go of my blogging. What not many of you would know was that I started reading more regularly for the first part of the year and started a new blog just for logging my progress.